Audio extraction is an essential part of video editing. Sometimes you shoot outdoor videos and want to extract the audio to add new music to make it more pleasing for the audience. Or, perhaps you want to edit the audio and remove unwanted sound while adjusting the volume. There are many activities you can do with audio, but first, you need to learn how to extract audio from video in Alight Motion. In this article, we will list down some ways of audio extraction and how to edit it.
Before extracting the audio from the video clips, we need to import a video in the Alight motion. You need to import a video that supports Alight Motion. For instance MP4, MOV, GIF, and WEBM.
How to Import Videos in Alight Motion?
- Open the Alight Motion application on your device.
- Click on the “+” icon to create a new project.
- You can also open an existing project.
- Click on the “+” icon and tap on “Media” to import a video.
- Choose a video to import into Alight Motion.
- Once the video is imported, it will start showing in the timeline.
How to extract audio from video?
- You have imported video in the Alight Motion.
- Tap on the video layer and click on the 3 dots on the upper right corner.
- Click on Extract Audio.
- Check the timeline and a new audio layer will be added in the timeline.
- You can drag the audio to either keep it under the video layer or on top.
That’s it! You have now learned how to extract audio from a video in Alight Motion. With the extracted audio, you can perform various audio editing tasks such as adjusting the volume, applying audio effects, and more.
How to edit extracted audio?
Unfortunately, Alight Motion doesn’t allow you to edit audio in an advanced way like any audio editing software. Alight Motion offers limited options to adjust the audio and apply effects. For instance, you can control the volume and add keyframes and bezier to make the audio pleasing. You can also control the speed, trim, and compress from the right and left sides.
To edit the audio, follow these steps:
- Tap on the audio clip that you want to edit, and a popup window will appear.
- Click on the volume icon to adjust the volume and add keyframes.
- After adding keyframes, you can adjust the bezier to make the audio smooth and hearable.
- Then, you can go back and trim and compress the audio.
- You can also adjust the speed of the audio clips by clicking on the speed button
However, there are limitations to Alight Motion. If you want to edit your audio in a more advanced way, you need to have dedicated software like Adobe Audition or Audacity. When it comes to applications, you can try something like a Music Audio Editor or MP3 Cutter.
How to add new music in Alight Motion.
If you extracted audio and you don’t want to keep it. You can delete it as well and add new music. To add new music follow these steps.
- Click on + icon to add new music.
- Click on audio and choose your favorite track.
- You can also click on view to see the whole audio collection.
- Once you have selected your preferred track, click on the “+” button to add it to the timeline.
That’s it! You have successfully added new music to your project in Alight Motion.
Frequently Asked Question.
In conclusion, extracting audio from video is a useful technique in video editing as it allows you to edit the audio separately and remove unwanted noise. However, Alight Motion has limitations when it comes to advanced audio editing. But you can still add new music or audio to your project. So, if you’re planning to export the audio, make sure to follow the steps mentioned above.
James William, a talented video editor who brings visuals to life with his creative expertise. With a passion for storytelling and a keen eye for detail, James has been honing his editing skills for years. James’s proficiency extends to a wide range of editing software, enabling him to bring his artistic vision to reality with precision and finesse.