Do you feel overwhelmed by the features and interface of the Alight Motion? Because of this, you’re unable to craft professional and engaging videos in the Alight Motion. Don’t worry at all Because our team sticks around the clock and prepares an Alight motion tutorial for you. So that you know how to operate the tool to edit videos and make stunning animations.
Explanation of Alight Motion.
Alight Motion is a professional motion graphics and video editing application that helps you with video editing tasks. It comes with a user-friendly interface and advanced features for those who want to level their video editing game on mobile devices. From splitting the video to creating the keyframe animation Alight Motion has all that a user can aspect. Not only this, the application provides different formats to export the videos as well.
It is not only available for Android users but the IOS user can also fully utilize this tool for their projects. The Alight Motion also has different short keys to speed up the editing process and master the application. The application offers two versions: free and paid. The Free one lets you export the video with the watermark with limited functionality. Contrarily the paid versions let you access the advanced features and export the video up to 4k.
So, It will be easy to learn how to edit on this software, you just need to follow the tutorials.
Brief overview of the tutorial content.
We designed an alight motion tutorial to help you learn how to use an Alight Motion application effectively. We have added a wide range of topics from the user interface, introduction to tools, video editing, and tips for creating animations. We will guide you step by step on how to create projects, import videos, the color grading process, audio editing, and motion graphics. We have designed this content in a way that either you’re a beginner or an advanced user of Alight Motion. We will help to export videos and guide you about how to share them directly on social media. So if you’re ready to master the application, stay with us.
Getting started with Alight Motion.
If you’re new to Alight Motion, then follow the step-by-step guide.
Download and Install Alight Motion.
Whether you’re an Android or iOS user downloading and installing the application remains the same. All you need is to go on PlayStore/AppStore and search for Alight motion. Once you find it clicks on install, and that is it. You have successfully learned the downloading and installing process.
Alight Motion Interface.
The Alight motion interface is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy to understand for both beginner and advanced users to get started with video editing easily.
When you open the alight motion app, you will find the popup that asks you to get started with the pro version by paying the amount. It is your choice whether you want to continue with the free version or paid one. If you want to get started with the paid one then just put in your credit card details, and that is it. Free users skip the part and continue to the next.
It will take you to the main interface, where you find updates about alight motion in written text. You can go through the details for further understanding. On the extreme left side, you will find navigation that has details about Alight motion. On the extreme right side, you will find the sign-in option, and at the bottom of the interface, you will find the Home button, Tutorials, Plus Icon, Projects, and elements.
Creating a New Project.
To create a new project, you just need to tap on Plus Icon and add the details like Ratio, Resolution, Frame Rate, and background. After that, you can click on create a project, and that is it. You have created your first project.
Basic editing in Alight Motion.
Now you have learned how to create projects. Now let’s talk about the basic editing process. Here is a step-by-step guide.
1. Importing media files
Now you have opened Alight motion and you have created your first projects. To import a media file in Alight Motion, click on Circle Plus Button and tap on the Media icon. Now you can choose the file from your device which you want to import. You have selected the file and it is automatically imported. Give yourself a pat on the back because you have now learned how to import media files.
2. Adding text.
To add the text, follow the necessary steps.
- You have created a project.
- Click on the + button.
- Tap on the text on the extreme right side.
- Write something that you want to add.
- From the top select the font, size, and color according to your wish.
- You can also change the position by dragging the text on the screen.
That’s it you have learned how to add text to your project.
3. Adding Music and sound effects
To create an impact and make your video professional. It is necessary to add music and sound effects to the Alight Motion timeline. To add music and Effects, follow the step-by-step guide.
- You have created a project.
- You have imported the video footage.
- Now Click on the plus button to add the music to the timeline.
- Click on the audio button and select the track.
- Once you select the trackE Tap on it, and the file is in your timeline.
To add the effects, please follow the following steps.
- Select the layer and tap on it.
- The new menu will pop up.
- On the right button side, click on Effects and then add Effects.
- The effect browser is open, choose the Effect, and that is it.
- Now you can control the effect’s properties.
For example, I have chosen contrast and brightness now I can adjust the properties to control the brightness and contrast of the footage.
Learn how to add motion blur in alight motion and create a sense of realism in your videos.
4. Adding transition.
Transition plays an important role in video editing. Transitions help to make the video more attractive and seamless. To learn how to add transitions, make sure to watch the video.
5. Adjust video speed.
Speed will help you to make slow-motion and time-lapse videos. Alight motion allows you to easily adjust the video speed, and here is how to do it. You can also learn how to reverse video in Alight Motion.
- Make sure you have created a project and imported footage in Alight motion.
- Tap on the footage layer.
- Click on the speed meter.
- Now you can increase or decrease the speed.
- That is it, you have done it.
Advance Editing Techniques in Alight Motion.
After understanding the basic concepts of Alight Motion, we are moving toward advanced editing. We will see how we can easily handle complex projects. How to manage layers, create masks, and animation.
Working with Layers.
Layers are an essential part of any video editing software, and understanding the layer will help you to manage your projects precisely.
- Layers in Alight Motion are just like a sheet of transparent paper that we keep adding to one another. Each layer helps to manage different things like images, videos, text, and effects.
- We can also change the order of the layers in Alight Motion, and only the top layer will be visible. Other ones will be hidden under the top layer.
- The layer will help you to adjust the position, size, and opacity of any object.
How to add layers in Alight Motion?
To add one or more layers in Alight Motion, follow the steps.
- Open Alight Motion.
- Create projects and add media.
- Click on the layer button in the toolbar and add the new layer.
- You can also select all the layers or copy, paste, and duplicate them.
- The Alight Motion also allows you to add adjustment layers with video, image, and shape text.
- Once you create the layers, you can change the position as well.
- Just drag the layer from top to button or button to top to change the position.
How to edit the layers in Alight Motion?
After adding one more layer in Alight Motion for your project, you can also edit them to satisfy your needs. To edit the layer, you just need to select it from the timeline, and the properties will open. Now you can adjust the opacity, size, and position of the layer. Alight Motion also allows you to rotate the layer and add any effect which suits you better.
1. Layer grouping
Layer grouping is a great way to handle the bundle of layers under one shadow. To group the layer, select the layer from the timeline which you want to group. Right-click and tap on group layers. That is it. You have created a layer group. Now you can treat the group as one layer and adjust them. But remember, change will affect all the layers.
2. Masking Layers.
Masking layers is one of the best techniques in video editing to reveal or hide any part of the layer. It helps you to touch any part of the area specifically to cut, remove or make a further adjustment. It is useful for those who target minute details in any project.
- To create a mask, select a layer in your timeline, draw or add shape then position it.
- Now go to properties, click on the mask, and select the shape you have added or drawn to use a mask.
- After that, you can adjust the settings like position, size, and opacity to create a satisfying effect.
Congratulations now for learning about masking layers.
After that, you can also use blending modes to achieve your desired results. If you want to animate the mask, you can also do that.
- To do so, select the layer mask in the timeline.
- Use the play head to go right to left and left to right.
- Add the keyframe at one end and use the play head to go to the next position.
- Add another keyframe to the other end.
- Modify the shape of the mask by using any tool at one end of the keyframe.
- Now go to the next keyframe end to modify the shape.
- Now preview the animation, and adjust the speed and timing if you want to adjust.
That’s how you can animate the mask. It seems complex, but no worries we also add a video to make you further understand and clear your concept.
3. Keyframe animation.
Keyframe animation is highly recommended for those who want to learn how to create advanced animation videos. Keyframes allow you to change the movement of the object and add a transition. It is a highly effective technique in Alight motion to create advanced animation.
To create a keyframe in the Alight motion you must select the layer or object you want to animate. After that click on “Move & Transform” and add the keyframe by clicking on the small plus button. Now you can animate the object by adding a keyframe on both ends of the layers and changing the properties.
4. Color correction and Grading.
Color correction and Grading are a core part of video editing and without them video editing is incomplete. It helps you to achieve a certain look or style through brightness, contrast, saturation, and hue. In Alight motion, it is simple to do color grading. Please follow these steps.
- Open the video or picture in the Alight motion.
- Click on Effect and then add effect.
- Choose the color and light then brightness and contrast.
- Brightness and contrast were added.
- Now you can adjust the brightness and contrast of your object.
- You can add more color grading for further adjustment.
5. Using Vector graphics in Alight Motion.
Vector graphics play an important role in video editing, and it helps in animation and video projects. To create vector graphics in Alight motion, make sure to follow these steps.
- Open the Alight Motion and create the project.
- Click on Plus Button and select vector drawing.
- After that, you can draw any vector shape and animate it.
6. Exporting and sharing your project.
Now you have come to the final step of exporting and sharing. Before that make sure you have done all the work in your projects and you’re ready to export and share it. To export your video in the alight motion, click on the upper right corner arrow button, and it will take you to the next window.
In this video, you will find all the exporting options just as File Size, Video, Project package, Current Frame as PNG, image sequence, and Gig. Select your favorite format and click on export. It will take time depending on the length and size of the project. After that, you are ready to share your videos on any platform.
How to choose the Export format and Quality?
After completing your editing process, Alight Motion offers several options to export your video project in different formats with multiple settings. Knowing the setting is important to export your final projects. Here are some things to consider before exporting.
1. File format.
The file format is an important factor to consider because if you’re unable to export your project in the required format. Your effort and time will be wasted. To do so make sure to click on the export option and choose the format such as MP4, GIF, PNG, and others.
2. Quality setting
The quality setting is the best thing after format because you don’t want to export your project in a larger size. To control the size make sure to adjust the Quality the higher the quality, the more the file size. That is why we recommend staying somewhere in the middle where you are satisfied with the quality and file size. Other than this, you can choose Frame Rate, codec, and Exporting resolution.
Tips and tricks for Alight Motion.
Learning tips and tricks is a great way to master any software and increase the efficiency of your work. Here are some tips to get started with Alight Motion.
Using keyboard short.
Keyboard short plays an important role when it comes to speed up the workflow for saving time. Here are some keyboard shortcuts.
- ⌘Z Undo
- ⇧⌘Z Redo
- ⌘A Select All
- ⌘D Deselect
- ⌫ Delete selected layer / Backspace
- ← → Scroll timeline by one frame
- ↑ ↓ ← → Nudge layer by 1 pixels (in Move & Transform → Location)
Note: Apart from the keyboard shortcut, there are also some ways to use Alight Motion effectively. For instance, to keep up the workflow you can create custom presets. You can also use assets and libraries to further explore the right elements for your project.
In Conclusion, Alight Motion is a powerful tool that lets you create captivating animation with vector graphics and keyframes. You can also edit your video and color grade to achieve your desired look. In this alight motion tutorial guide, we have listed down every basic to advance step that can help you to become a better video editor. This guide is useful for both beginner and advanced users. We also share some keyboard shortcuts and how to use the assets library to further improve your projects. At last, you will also find information about how to export projects by using different settings.
James William, a talented video editor who brings visuals to life with his creative expertise. With a passion for storytelling and a keen eye for detail, James has been honing his editing skills for years. James’s proficiency extends to a wide range of editing software, enabling him to bring his artistic vision to reality with precision and finesse.